Top Social

Portkey to My Childhood

Monday, July 18, 2011

Last week I got a Lego from Eden. I think she knew that deep down actually I was - and am - still just a kid :-), and to please a kid, you need to give him a toy :-). Anyway, we went eating afterward, and as you might have guessed, I quickly opened up the Lego and started putting it together (it was a castle). I was so absorbed with the toy that it's the first time in ages when I went to a restaurant and almost completely ignored the foods :-). If Eden didn't help with some parts like the trees and the gate, I might end up not eating at all. (But, just like a normal kid, I still couldn't ignored the desserts :-) ).

About Lego, it was not just 'a toy' for me - it's 'the toy' :-). I touched it for the first time when I was around 2 or 3 years old. I still remember how we (my siblings and I) built together a house, our first Lego project. Well, actually my brother and sisters who built most of the parts, while my role was mainly disturbing them :-) (I was still 3 years old !). And even though 'officially' the Lego belonged to me, it was a family toy - every now and then everybody fiddling with it. Even my mother once asked me to use it for decoration of my birthday cake. That's why it's more than just a toy - it's a memento packed with memories.

And even though you might think that it contributed to my immaturity (since I played it way up to my high school, even my undergrad days :-) ), I don't bother much about it. I'm doing it because it's fun - as always. And if being mature suppose to mean that I can't have fun anymore, I don't mind being immature for the whole of my life :-). Anyway, so far I chose the way I live by myself, and I almost never blamed other for the hard time that I got due to my decision - so even though I'm still 'a kid', at least I am a responsible kid :-). And I think it's much more better being that way, rather that being an adult who don't want to take the responsibility of what he has done :-P

And Eden: thanks for adding another amusing memory for my Lego :-)
Post Comment